Microsoft announce the availability of the Dynamics CRM 2011 Release Candidate (RC) (15th December 2010) , which is accessible on the Microsoft Downloads site at the following links:
|Server RC||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3f82c6f-c123-4e80-b9b2-ee422a16b91d||Available in English only|
|Outlook Client||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=22dc423a-7194-491e-a169-6ace16bfdd36||Available in 25 languages|
|Language Pack||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=db44c564-2338-407e-980a-c9c83ad37729||Available in 41 languages|
|Email Router||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a995f6ad-0099-42fd-9b22-cf7b3d40a2bf||Available in 25 languages|
|Report Extension||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=64a09b75-8376-4b9d-aea3-8a83a1837c4d||Available in 25 languages|
|SharePoint||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=23c0f351-8694-4d92-9ddf-34a949aec6a7||Available in 41 languages|
|Software Development Kit (SDK)||http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=420f0f05-c226-4194-b7e1-f23ceaa83b69|
To activate the CRM 2011 RC, please use the following keys:
There are two options for moving an existing deployment of CRM 2011 Beta to the RC build, the steps for which are outlined below; use the option that is most appropriate for your project.
OPTION 1 – Import/Upgrade
- Install the RC bits for the CRM Server on an alternate computer.
- Install the CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions to the computer running SQL in the new deployment.
- Restore the database backups of the Beta orgs to the computer running SQL in the new deployment.
- Use Deployment Manager to Import the Beta orgs. The Import wizard will detect that the org is a Beta org and will upgrade it to the RC bits.
- During import, use the Auto Mapping option to map CRM users to Active Directory.
OPTION 2 – Connect to Existing
- Uninstall all CRM components from deployment computers.
- Install the RC bits for CRM Server, and on SQL Server page of the setup wizard, specify to Connect to Existing.
- The Setup wizard will detect and upgrade the config database and the default org to RC.
- Use Deployment Manager to upgrade the remaining Beta orgs to RC.