The Quick View Menu helps you navigate to any location in Dynamics CRM quickly and seamlessly by taking your existing Sitemap and presenting it in an easy to navigate interface. The menu currently comes with a Win 8 UI look & feel while also allowing you to provide additional resource and configuration settings.
Open Quick View from Sitemap
Example of CRM Sales
Example of full OOB menu layout and style
The managed solution configuration page provides a Sitemap setting to easily add/remove the Quick View Menu to/from you Sitemap.
Quick View Menu Summary
- Multi-browser support Currently tested with IE 10+, Chrome, FireFox
- Configure Sitemap Area, Group and SubArea exclusions. (i.e. modify QuickViewMenuConfig.xml)
- Resource management such as Sitemap item Title, Icon overrides. (i.e. modify QuickViewMenuResources.xml)
- Win 8 UI look & feel.
- Add/Remove Quick View Menu to/from the Sitemap easily from the Solution Configuration.
- Horizontal Mouse Scroll.
- Security is not implemented yet so users can see all menu items except those specified as exclusions. If a user selects a menu option that they have no rights to normally they will just receive a standard CRM access restricted message.
- Solution Configuration option to easily manage Sitemap Exclusions.
- Solution Configuration option to easily manage Sitemap Resources.
- Solution Configuration option to easily manage Colour Scheme.
- Ability to Customize Quick View Menu layout.
- Define User specific Quick View Menu layout.
About Dynamics XRM Tools
Dynamics XRM Tools projects aim to provide a richer user experience along with useful tools to help increase productivity.
A joint effort started by Rhett Clinton MVP, Ramon Tebar MVP and Mario Cantero.